Saturday 11 February 2017

Assignment 1

1. Shoot a sport.
170 mm f 2.8 1/1000 ISO 1250
For this shot, I went in the terrasse so I can be about the same high of my divers. I took maybe a 100 shots before getting one that I loved. I loved this one because it is well sharped although we can see movement on his toes. We can see his whole muscles and how bony he is. We don't see much of the face but on none of my pictures I got good cleared faces in diving movements. I cropped that photo that way because I liked the way he looks like being in the air. It was indoor so I had to use a grainy ISO. I tried a lot of shutter speed but this one was the sharpest. I risked to use a f.28 so I can have a shallow depth of field of somebody in action. I think I managed my shot. 

2. Pan a moving object.
50 mm f 9.0 1/40 ISO 2000
I made my sister drop the feather in front of the nobody's bedroom in my house until I get at least 3 in focused. I liked another one better but it was so blurry we could not recognize the feathers but it looked like a purple fire. I love the way we see the movement of the camera on the floor and that the feathers are so bright in front of a black background. The colour of the floor and the bed wood makes a nice complementation to the photo. There is a lot of empty space but it smoothly integrate the picture. I chose this one because we don't see the white door next to it. The light was coming from the stairs next to the room. The feathers were thrown at one meter from the bedroom door. I know that because of the movement, it was going to be hard to focus so I used a small aperture to increase my chances to get an image focused. It was at night so I used a grainy ISO. 

3. Shoot a night scene.
28 mm f 10.0 6 sec ISO 100
I do not have time to go out much at night because I am always working. So I decided to take a picture of my swimming pool with "all the lights" turned off at night after a long shift because I loved the way it looks peaceful. Although we do not see all of the swimming pool there, I chose that one because I loved the texture the benches gave to the picture. I also love the diagonal between warm colours and cold colours. I focussed on the diving tower. It was a night scene so I used a tripod to avoid camera shakes and I used a small aperture to get a deep depth of field. Because of the tripod I used the base ISO so I can avoid having too much grain. 

4. Shoot a portrait with a shallow DOF.
82 mm f 2.8 1/60 ISO 640
Because I used a telephoto (70-200mm) I did not need to get a big aperture (small f) in order to get a shallow depth of field. But because it was at night and there was not much light, I had to use f2.8. I had other nice shots of my sister but that one was good to show how shallow the depth of field is because we have a blurry background and foreground. I did like other pictures more but it is hard to not have camera shakes with a heavy lens like my 70-200. I also did her makeup myself. 

5. Shoot a landscape/cityscape with a deep DOF.
28 mm f 16.0 1/125 ISO 100
This is not quite the most crowded cityscape or the most natural landscape but I love the perspective of the shot. There is two diagonal intercepting each other (the stairs and the building). The sky was pretty greyish but had a tiny bit of blue which makes it less negative spaced. It is a picture of my work place again but I honestly love my work place in term of architecture and lighting. I wanted a deep DOF so I used a small aperture. It was during day so I could use a fast shutter speed with a ISO of 100 and not have camera shakes. I also took other pictures which were landscape but I though that there was too much negative space into them. This one has no negative space and has perspective and this is why I chose it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment