Wednesday 8 March 2017

Lab 6 Histogram

High-Key


ISO 400 200 mm f3.5 1/60


a.     According to the histogram, where do most of the pixels in your high key image fall (left or right on the histogram)
       Because I focused on the white object and that I was on spot metering mode, my histogram is exactly in the middle but we can still see it is a high key scene because the bars are all more on the right and that we can see that there is almost no darkness . The histogram looks like a triangle almost - where the pic is all on the right. 
b.     Are there any pixels in the high key image that would not print with detail?
      No because everything is white and the metering is making everything standing in the middle of the histogram, there is no loss of information by overexposed or underexposed area.

Low Key

ISO 400 200 mm f3.5 1/40


c.     According to the histogram, where do most of the pixels in your low-key image fall (left or right on the histogram)
      According to my histogram most of my pixels fall in the left side of the histogram and almost none in the middle and some in the right. The reason is that although my metering spot was on the white object, my object is smaller than my black background so most pixels are on the left of the histogram. 
d.     Are there any pixels in the low key image that would not print with detail?
      Yes, where there are blue spot on my screenshot, these are areas where there is no detail - just black. We have lost areas because there is a lot of contrast between white and black and I spot metered the light on the white object. 

Various Tone

ISO 500 135 mm f3.5 1/40



e.     According to the histogram, where do most of the pixels in your varied tones image fall (left or right on the histogram)
       It is hard to say because there are many pics in my histogram because there are so many different tones. 
f.      Are there any pixels in the varied tones image that would not print with detail?
      No because I spot metered on an area where it was mid-tone so I do not get overexposed or underexposed areas. 



g.     Considering the information on the histogram, do you feel your camera is properly exposing the high key and low-key scenes? Explain your answer
      I feel like my camera is doing a good job at not loosing details but it does not show exactly what I want to show as an image. 
      Fo my high key scene I would like my image more exposed so I have the choice to reduce my shutterspeed or increase my ISO although my metering would tell me that there would be too much light. 
      For my low key scene, I feel it did a very good job although I miss some details. I can also do the same thing as I would do for my high key scene - increase the light in my camera, so I do no loose the small details I lost. But I feel like my loss of details was very insignificant in my picture situation. 
      For various tone scene, my camera did an excellent job in my opinion. No loss of details and it shows pretty much what I was seeing. 
h.     Which histogram shows the most dynamic range?
      The various tone scene because there is more than one tone so the histogram is showing multiple pics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment